The Sector for European Integration and International Projects is responsible for:
- Monitoring the implementation of European integration programs in the judiciary and public administration areas;- Monitoring and fulfilling obligations within the purview of the Ministry regarding the accession of Serbia to the European Union (EU), including forthcoming negotiations for the EU membership;
- Monitoring the fulfillment of obligations within the purview of the Ministry concerning the European partnership, and other strategic EU accession related documents;
- Drafting various reports, opinions and information within the domain of the Ministry regarding the EU accession process;
- Complying with the recommendations of the Annual EU Progress Report published by the European Commission, particularly in the area of justice and public administration;
- Coordination and participation in the work of subgroups of the Expert Group of the Coordination Body for EU accession process concerning the judiciary and public administration;
- Coordination and participation in the work of the Subgroup 23: Judiciary and basic rights, participation in the translation of the Acquis communautaire to Serbian, and expert copy editing of the translation of the EU judicial and public administration regulations;
- Planning, drafting, implementation and monitoring of the implementation of projects financed by EU funds and other donated funds; participation in drafting strategic and program documents regarding EU-funding and other funds in the area of justice and public administration;
- Harmonizing and monitoring activities of other subjects within the purview of the Ministry in the course of project planning, drafting, implementation and monitoring of the implementation;
- Coordinating activities essential for securing necessary national co-financing for the EU and other projects in the area of justice and public administration;
- Implementing measures for the establishment, functioning, and sustainability of a decentralized system for the management of EU funds in accordance with relevant procedures;
- Reports on drafting, implementation, and monitoring of implementation of projects funded by EU and other funds in the area of justice and public administration;
- Keeping records on drafting and implementation of projects in the area of justice and public administration;
- The Sector cooperates, for audit purposes, with judicial authorities, other state authorities and institutions, EU institutions, other international organizations, and subjects under the jurisdiction of the Sector;
- It follows the work of the international and regional organizations and agencies regarding the issued falling under the jurisdiction of the Ministry in order to carry out activities within the purview of the Sector, and any other activity dealing with European integrations and international projects.
The Sector for European Integration and International Projects is comprised of the following organizational units: the Division for European Integration in the area of Judiciary; the Group for European Integration in the Public Administration Area; the Department for Drafting Projects in the Judiciary and Public Administration Areas; and the Department for Implementation of Projects in the Judiciary and Public Administration Areas.